Tuesday, February 28, 2012

SIO, You're A Tricky Devil...

I had a little bit of time over the weekend to buffet up the SIO routines.  While they still aren't giving 100% error-free transmission in all cases, they're a lot better than my first cut.  I used the 6502 code that this guy wrote (http://www.horus.com/~hias/atari/) as a guide to the 6809 version, which has proven pretty stable at 38,400bps.

So with that in place, I can now boot into DriveWire and access disk services.

The next thing to tackle is a more stable booting environment.  Currently my boot ROM is just a hacked together lump of code, but I'm planning on bringing Brett Gordon's Forth-based CoCoBoot into the picture soon.

Boards should be here mid-week, and other parts are trickling in day by day from UPS and the post office.  Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time to put together a board.

No comments:

Post a Comment